Posted by tony on February 10, 2015
WebsitePanel On Your Windows VPS
A Detailed Overview of WebsitePanel On Your Windows VPS If you intend to use your VPS to host multiple websites, you may be looking for an easier method to manage each of your web presences. Hosting websites using the IIS interface may be preferable if you are using your server as a dedicated web hosting box. If you plan on partitioning the space on your VPS among multiple websites, using the popular open source software WebsitePanel will certainly make life a lot easier for you. How Does WebsitePanel Work? If you've hosted websites on web servers before, you've probably used cPanel, Plesk or DirectAdmin. With these platforms, hosting providers give users a graphical interface of some of the most commonly executed tasks on their web server. WebsitePanel is the most popular website control panel for Windows servers. WebsitePanel is free, open-source and the product can be branded to match your offerings. Setting Up WebsitePanel You can get WebsitePanel's latest install package from the download link on its website at websitepanel.net. WebsitePanel is currently in version 2 and the platform has grown to become a robust management portal that gives users powerful options and flexibility when building out their web properties. WebsitePanel allows you to take control of your websites by performing sophisticated administration techniques with a few clicks of the mouse. WebsitePanel works seamlessly alongside WHMCS. WebsitePanel and WHMCS can work together to automate the creation and administration of web hosting accounts from a robust billing, support and administration platform. Features of WebsitePanel Within WebsitePanel, you can take complete control of your website. Rather than doing tasks manually within the GUI, WebsitePanel gives you the power to automate Windows hosting tasks by giving you a simple web based wizard that guides you through common tasks. WebsitePanel can be used to achieve a variety of different tasks. In fact, WebsitePanel can be used with the following tools and modules:
- Secure Folders Module - Ensure your directories are secured from those who shouldn't have access.
- Website Localization - Create Language Packs for International Users
- WebsitePanel Enterprise Import Tool - Automatically bring your existing websites into WebsitePanel with this easy to use import tool
- User Import Tool - Import Users from other WebsitePanel installations.
- WebsitePanel VM-Config - Completely control your fleet of VPS servers from one screen
- AW Stat Viewer - Get all of the logs from all of your services in one place!